Friday, May 18, 2012

gender.

We live in quite an interesting time. I am going to be completely honest with what I feel and know. What I say isn't meant to be offensive. But these are my beliefs.
I believe that "gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose."
We are all males and females. As such, we have different characteristics that separate us from the opposite sex. Some will say that these could and should be mixed. I however, disagree.
Before we were born, we lived in heaven. We had spirits, the same ones we possess now. It is not by accident we were born male or female. Considering this, we have eternal characteristics that define us. I do agree that socialization plays a big role in gender (for example, girls often are seen playing with dolls, boys playing with cars). But I don't think that is the only reason why.
Some believe boys should need to be raised bore like girls. This, I think, goes against our natural characteristics. Boys should be raised as boys, boys who will become men. I do think what needs to be done is teach our boys to be more sensitive to girls. Teach them to respect girls. Teach them to be empathetic and to care. This can be done at a young age and can influence the boys in a better way than raising our boys with dolls.
On a similar note...
As stated, gender is an essential characteristic. I think there is something divine about it. We were born separate beings. We were born to work with the opposite sex in ways that the same sex cannot. Man and woman can procreate. I believe this was by divine design. Life would cease to exist without man and woman. This wasn't coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment